Although a traditional construction organization, Client operates in the same dynamic, competitive environment as any other enterprise. They intend to apply their information resources and capabilities to its advantage in attracting investment and achieving its obligation to be an efficient, frontline organization, constantly seeking the best way of delivering services to all its resources and to put ‘people first’ in the way it runs its administration. Client wanted to make wise judgment and investments in information technology and to provide computing tools to meet customer expectations and increase employee productivity.
The paper-based file storage system is slow, cumbersome and error-prone. Furthermore it does not support the policies of its organization for efficient service delivery or the vision of the company to be a customer-oriented, world-class company.
In the first phase the Client documents were electronically captured and archived using SharePoint Based Document Management System. SharePoint DMS allows Client to completely manage the document lifecycle including, document scanning, uploading, document check-in, check-out, document versioning, locating physical location, document archival, backup and recovery, email notification and alerts, document indexing, editing document properties, meta data and keeping document search friendly.
System has also been customized for document generation based on transactions, which are very useful managing documents in a structured environment thus saving loads of manual efforts. It is majorly used for records management, contracts management.
Key Features of SharePoint Document Management System:-
- SharePoint DMS tracks the life cycle of records and documents from creation till archival where all official records and documents will be filed into the SharePoint
- The SharePoint DMS assists in the end-to-end management of paper and electronic records and documents throughout their lifecycle, from capturing and registration to final destruction or permanent preservation.
- Allows all authorized user to manage the roles and maintain the organization structure of the workflow.
- DMS can generate documents based on pre-defined templates
- Configure workflows for various process.
- Optical Character Recognition(OCR) based Search functionality, which helps to search content within the document.
- Allows users to upload single and/or multiple files using drag-drop facility.
- Allows users to create different folders and add articles, files in folder.
- Can add / embed external links, images, videos, PDFs, short codes in articles.
- Track versions of notes and automatic retrieval of past versions.
- Receive updates on changes in notes, articles and shared items using alerts / RSS feeds or email notification
- It allows users to create tasks and assign it to different users
- Can allow certain users to create and publish news.
- User wise dashboard upon signing into the system. Dashboard can show posts, bookmarks, popular articles, news, tasks, reminders, events, etc. Dashboards are user friendly and easily customizable by users.
- Allows users to maintain their profiles.
- Allows admin to provide custom access rights like – read, write, and modify access to various users.
SharePoint Document Management System and automated workflow are paving the way for electronic transformation and a paperless working environment at Client. The focus on business processes and their automation is preparing Client huge savings on their paper costs. It is helping Client to be customer orientated and to operate across organizational boundaries in cross-functional teams, ensuring competitive advantage. The captured records can be accessed from the desktop / Laptop or on the web, improving retrieval times, accuracy and customer service. It supports the organization’s vision.
AT A GLANCE
What they wanted to do-
- Have central document repository
- Deliver a consistent and useful application
- Improve security
- Add more value to the business through IT
- Promote teamwork
- Find a cost-effective solution
What they did –
- Standardized on SharePoint based Document Management System
- Used Document Generation tool developed by AscenWork Technologies
- Collaborated on various projects through centralized DMS
What they accomplished –
- Provided anywhere, anytime access to DMS application
- Streamlined coordination and improved productivity
- Safeguarded intellectual property
- Enabled staff to more easily coordinate regarding various clients and vendors
- Reduced IT overhead and focused on strategic tasks
- Cut capital expenditures
“AscenWork Team and management has always shown their willingness to support us till the end. Their technical and functional knowledge has been their key to success. I wish them luck for all their future endeavors”Chief Information Officer